Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TO-220 Packages and their various flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamoRC

Does anyone have a good resource for TO-220 package definitions, specifically with respect to the various flavors denoted by AB, F etc.

The reason I ask it that, from my perusal of various datasheets, it seems that the tab for a plain old TO-220 is electrically isolated from the package leads themselves, while for the TO-220AB, the tab can be part of the electrical package (for example it could be a replicate drain on a MOSFET).

I am trying to figure out if I can "bolt" a number of TO-220s (each a different component in a circuit) to a common heatsink without having to get the "special" hardware (insulators etc).

Thanks in advance

Most likely the tab on a TO-220 is ‘hot’ electrically. You need to check the data sheet for each transistor you use. There is an insulated TO-220. see JPG

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back