Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TMR0 interrupt with 12C508A?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In most of the cases a simple 12c508 application can get away by manually polling the tmr0 flag. What does your application have to do?

thanks for the help again (you have helped me in the past) :)

I was just playing with my 12C508A code to see if I could get it to work... I only have a few of these chips left, and I'll be moving onto a PIC12F629
soon.

I currently have a long timer running, and I am polling the inputs at the same time. Figured it would be easier to code if I used the TMR0 interrupt. My program works fine, so I'll just go that route when I start using the new chip. Thanks!

BTW, how do you tell what type of core each chip has?

Steve

In most of the cases
a pic12 uses a 12 bit core
a pic16 uses a 14 bit core and
a pic18 uses a 16 bit core...

however there are some exceptions (like always).
To check for a particular pic download the datasheet and look at the 'block diagram' (somewhere in the top of the datasheet)
You'll see the memory somewhere and the program bus connected to it, the width of the program bus tells you what core it runs on.

Exo said:
In most of the cases
a pic12 uses a 12 bit core
a pic16 uses a 14 bit core and
a pic18 uses a 16 bit core...

however there are some exceptions (like always).

Yes, the 12F series are 14 bit :?

Makes you wonder why they didn't call them 12, 14 and 16 doesn't it?

Rather like the memory type, 'C' is EPROM (except for the 16C84, which was EEPROM), 'F' is FLASH (except for most of them, which are EEPROM). 'A' on the end signifies a 'later silicon revision', although on some processors (like the 16F877A) it also signifies a move from EEPROM to FLASH (but the 628A is still EEPROM, even though it's later than the 877A).

You've probably all heard the theory that a number of monkeys banging away on typewriters would eventually turn out the complete works of Shakespere - perhaps MicroChip employ the same method for their designations?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back