Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TLC5940 + Servos in microseconds control ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecaits

I have started to work on TLC5940NT to control the multiple servos through arduino uno.
Generally we are providing rotation of angle by below given program line.

tlc_setServo(SERVO_CHANNEL, angle);

But I want to provide command in form of ServoWriteMicroseconds to measure the exact rotation of angle.

But in TLC library, there is no such a command.

So how can control the TLC servo by microseconds???

I don't understand this!!

The command is " Move the servo to X position" what has this to do with micro seconds??

Some servos will take longer than others.... Are you talking about stepper motors rather than servo?

I don't understand this!!

The command is " Move the servo to X position" what has this to do with micro seconds??

I think the OP is referring to the pulse width of the control signal as explained here: **broken link removed**

It is common for a pulse width of 1.5 ms (corrected, see post#6 below) to cause the servo to center and a deviation +/- 500 us to either side of that to cause full swing. However, he should know that both the centering width and +/- change may need to be adjusted for each servo. Cheaper servos are usually worse than more expensive ones in terms of adherence to those general specifications. There are also some specialized servos for helicopters (sometimes called tail-rotor servos) that are substantially different from the most common servos one sees.

John

Last edited:
That library was made for leds more then servo I think servo was after thought. It works great with leds fading. Here the best info on it
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=37963.0 the reference link is broke. I think the guy that wrote it may of gotting out of collage by now..
**broken link removed** good link tells how to add function to it that may fix the op up.

Read the files that came with it there really helpful
#define SERVO_MIN_WIDTH 204
The 1ms pulse width for zero degrees (0 - 4095).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back