Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tlc272 op amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeWawaw

Hi, im making an amplifier for a coil in such a way what the output (an LED here) turns on when a magnet passes by the coil. I'm using the tlc272 dual op amp, but for now im using only one of the two op amps.
My question is that when i connect the inverting (-) input to ground and the coil to the non inverting (+) input, and the other end of the coil to ground, it gives me a high output, and it is when i pass the magnet over to coil that it goes low. I was expecting for it to do the opposite. What's the problem here? Is that how the tlc272 behaves normally? I'm using a 9V battery to power this op amp.

The windings on your coil might just be in oposite direction.

well, if the coil windings were in the other way around the voltage produced by the magnet rubbing it would still have be AC, with positive and negative voltages.

It depends on how you have the op amp configured. If it is as a comparator it could just be the offset. A schematic might help.

Yea thats it, i found out what was wrong. Had to adjust the offset so that the small voltage from the coil without the magnet wouldn't be able to kick it on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back