Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TL5001 PWM with variable duty cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quank

Hello,
I'm trying to use the TL5001 IC for generating a duty cycle variable with a potentiometer. I think I have to use the COMP connector alone (without the FB connector), but I'm not sure. Can I let the FB conector unconnected? Can I connect a resistor network (potentiometer, etc) for controlling Duty Cycle in COMP connector alone
Thanks

Quank

No, you can't drive the COMP input. You would be fighting the output of the Error Amplifier.

Connect a 10kΩ resistor between FB and COMP. Connect another 10kΩ resistor from FB to your control resistor network (note that the control network will now have to drive a 10kΩ load). That converts the Error Amplifier into an (inverting) amp with a gain of -1.

Since the Error Amp + input is offset by a 1V reference, the Error Amplifier output will be +2V when the input is zero, and 0V when the input is +2V. (The PWM Error Amp output control range is 0.7V for 0% duty-cycle to 1.3V for 100% duty-cycle).

You are the best crutschow. You gave me the solution, and very fast! Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back