Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tired of loosing my flash drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
Not so much loosing as just leaving it behind.

I want a flash drive that comes with a small fob for on my key chain. When the two are more the 10 or 20 feet apart I want the fob to remind me that I left the flash drive behind.

I think this is a neat idea. I keep on washing mine I think its been through the washer 4 times and the dryer once.
Just the other day I got an email saying I could pick up my jump drive at lab recources. I didnt even know I had lost it. I'm amazed I still have it and it works.

I have a cruiser one that attaches to my key chain, solved my problem of losing it. I guess it could backfire on you and you could just lose your keys though.

For a while I was copping my flash drive to a spot on the Internet. That way when I forget the drive I can retrieve files.

I tie mine to my backpack. I still lost it somehow. I don't know how it got left behind because my backpack certainly did not.

I had two of them on a cord that I hung around my neck. One was an old drive that worked with WIN98 machines. The other was a crusier U2 drive.

I had been using the program that came with the crusier drive to backup files on the internet. Unfortunatly I can not recall the name of the program that does the backup. The software to do the backup in on the flash drive.... Not a big deal I am sure it will come to me when I am not trying to remember it.

Still like the idea of a drive that complains when left behind. There may be a product there if anyone is paying attention. :)

I love my 2GB Crusier U2. Best thing ever. I took off that awful software that came with it.

Normally, i always know where that thing is. I check to make sure i have my Jump drive, then my wallet, then my keys, and then a pen (i always loose my pens... especially my favorite little clicky ones...)

I like the idea of a key fob that beeps when it gets separated from the jump drive. ;) I would make something, but i don't have the needed intelligence (yet)...

It can perhaps be tied with credit card pouch and we will be rather careful with the card and thus the drive would also be safe. Otherwise it could be possible to have a bluetooth like connection with a password,and we don't have to plug the USB type.(no direct connection).
YES, I too had my TRANSCEND 1GB washed dried and even Ironed it once. Still it worked until i dropped it somewhere paying with it while travel.

Marks256 said:
I love my 2GB Crusier U2. Best thing ever. I took off that awful software that came with it.

Normally, i always know where that thing is. I check to make sure i have my Jump drive, then my wallet, then my keys, and then a pen (i always loose my pens... especially my favorite little clicky ones...)

I like the idea of a key fob that beeps when it gets separated from the jump drive. ;) I would make something, but i don't have the needed intelligence (yet)...

HAHA. You'e talking about that encryption software they want you to buy?

Yeah. I reccomend placing it around your neck. On rare occasions I do, some thumb drives have PNYs have a hole to which you can place you key ring in it. It'll be harder for you to misplace your keys.

quixotron said:
HAHA. You'e talking about that encryption software they want you to buy?

I don't know... I didn't leave it on long enough to see what it was... :p I did like the idea of software that keeps stuff password protected, but that is what linux is for. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back