Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tips on Infrared motion detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

laibolaji

Hi,
I need tips on how to go about building a circuit using components parts in the market. It's supposed to detect and sense motion. It will aso have a counter that monitors traffic in and out of a building. Thank you

adelola said:
MOG dont u know its working and thats all u need.are u a xtin? oh sorry i mean u be muslim

I have no idea what that is apart from a seemingly random collection of letters.

As for the original poster, you're looking for a PIR sensor. A micro can handle the 'counting'...although how would you know when to count when people stand motionless next to it, then move again? that will provide two triggers..but you would have no idea if it is a 'new person, or someone already detected.

I'm not sure its possible to create a fool proof system, without the use of camera's and complicated software. A motion sensor is one thing (actually detects changes in heat) but to keep track of the number of people ina building is something else entirely.....

Blueteeth.

Ps. If you are wiring up an entire building, then surely DIYing it is completely pointless...I'm sure there are ready made products for this. If not, whats the app?

Message to adelola

adelola said:
MOG dont u know its working and thats all u need.are u a xtin? oh sorry i mean u be muslim
adelola said:
hi,
pls i need a full project writeup on electronic c-caution.

adelola, how old are you ?
Either grow up or go play somewhere else !
(also sent as a pm.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back