Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tips needed on buying electronic components

Status
Not open for further replies.

saevarg

Hi,

I have an electronic project and therefore need some electronic components (more or less the standard stuff). Is there an online-store you can recommend? I dont want to have to buy every component type in dozens or hundreds. Ideally, the store could receive my component list and make a quote... (am I too optimistic?)

best regards,
Saevar

In the USA, we buy at www.mouser, digikey, jameco, allelectronics. If we knew what country you're in, that would make the answers seem relevant.

In the UK, RS* and Farnell have most things

Welcome to rswww.com

Farnell United Kingdom | world-leading distributor of electronic and maintenance, repair and operations products.

They are big companies who supply mostly to industry.
In some respects their prices are rather high, but the quality is good and you get exactly what you order.

I dont want to have to buy every component type in dozens or hundreds. Ideally, the store could receive my component list and make a quote... (am I too optimistic?)
In the case of RS and Farnell, yes you are. Unless of course you are ordering in the £1000s.
For some things they do have minimum order quantities.
For example I recently bought:

2w resistors Minimum Order Quantity = 10
Small capacitors MOQ = 5
This MOQ is for each item, so it was 10off 1k, 10off 15k, 10off 33k. You get the idea.

* In the UK, RS is RS Components and has nothing to do with the American company Radio Shack.
For those old enough to remember, RS was originally called Radio Spares because most of their stuff was just that, spares for radios and televisions.

JimB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back