Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"tipping buckets" rain gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

justDIY

I'd like to build a tipping buckets rain gauge, and the electronics seem simple in comparison to the mechanics.

first, any suggestions on an easy way to make the tipping buckets themselves. many designs seem to use sheet aluminum that's been bent on a brake (break?) to shape the buckets - I have no metal working tools. others cannibalize the buckets from a non functional piece of surplus, which I'm not having any luck finding.

second, the small bore funnel that forms the very narrow stream of water. any suggestions on where to get such a tiny funnel, or better yet, something funnel like that can be repurposed?

You should be able to buld an alu version of the bucket without special tools. Improvise a bending jig with a bench vice and some steel bars and a vice grip or two.

What is the problem with the funnel? Pick one that is the right size then put a restriction in the neck to guide the water to the tip bucket. Maybe silcone or epoxy a tube into the funnel.

Have you found a good pattern for the tip bucket ?

i just build the tipping bucket using plastic and some plastic tape...i have the picture of my own tipping bucket and i give it to your email..
the tipping must be adjust so it can collect the right amount of the rain so i put the screw under the two bucket...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back