Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tip for anyone looking for test equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torben

Hi all,

I know some might think this dangerously close to spam, but I swear I have no connection whatsoever to the seller. :) I simply stumbled across this auction on eBay and was all excited until I noticed that the seller will not ship to Canada. :(

So in case anybody else out there is looking to set up a test bench, the auction includes a Tektronix scope, a frequency counter, a multimeter, a signal generator, and a programmable controller. The bidding currently stands at $500 and there are just over two hours to go.

**broken link removed**

Again, if I could I'd bid on it but since I can't I figured maybe someone else can use the tip.

Torben

Looks like the scope is gone already. I don't think I would like that one anyway. I'd settle for a nice refurbished 2465. There is a company in Texas called something like "Dallas Electronics" or something like that, that has all that stuff refurbished and calibrated for great prices. I can't find them. I used to have a catalog.

It might not have been my first choice of scope, but it would sure be better than the one I have now. Anyway, looks like the buyer got a heck of a deal for $545 USD. Assuming all the gear actually works, that is. ;)

Torben

*sigh*

Don't you have anything better to do? I'm not defending the damn scope. For somebody with limited budget and no scope (or an old Eico 460 or something like I have) the *bundle* would be a good deal, since it also includes the frequency counter, signal generator, programmable controller, etc.

Of course it's not the best scope out there. Nobody said it was. As a package though it wasn't a bad auction.

And that is as far as I care to take this ridiculous conversation.

Torben

*sigh*

Don't you have anything better to do? I'm not defending the damn scope. For somebody with limited budget and no scope (or an old Eico 460 or something like I have) the *bundle* would be a good deal, since it also includes the frequency counter, signal generator, programmable controller, etc.

Of course it's not the best scope out there. Nobody said it was. As a package though it wasn't a bad auction.

And that is as far as I care to take this ridiculous conversation.

Torben

I did not understand that to be a package that was sold. I thought that pertained only to the scope in which case someone got scalped.

Don't feel bad. I was looking for a book on DSP filters and they want $140.00 for it. Gees....bet I can find the info for free if I dig enough for it.

That TDS 460 is actually a really nice scope. I have used them in the past.

That TDS 460 is actually a really nice scope. I have used them in the past.

Yeah, what would I know about HP. I've only used 80,000 dollar signal generators as a small part of my arsenal. The 8662.

*edit*

Oh yeah, we're talking Techtronix. I've used all of them except the cheap ones. What's that one when you put the probes on some high voltage and it says, "Ouch!"

Last edited:
Hi all,

I know some might think this dangerously close to spam...

Torben

Coming from a respected member such as yourself? I think not.

However, try to do someone a favour and.....

you know how the story goes. :D

Coming from a respected member such as yourself? I think not.

However, try to do someone a favour and.....

you know how the story goes. :D

:) hehe. Yeah. Anyway, thanks for the post.

Cheers,

Torben

Well as this is the chi-chat thread we certainly can see where the varment in SP's name came from. Generally in Oz with a pest like that if it's too big to squash with ya boot ya either tie it to an anthill covered in honey or for less work just reverse over it in the ute untill it doesnt move.

Hey SV,

how'd you suddenly get your rep from "bad" to "good"? :confused:

Did you weigh in your foil hat for scrap and donate the proceeds to the Admin? :D

Just kiddin.

Yeah since EM took away our badges of honor, I am now just a mere mortal... :)

It was even more interesting before reputation was around, back on PHPBB...

Yeah, or on Usenet. We had to actually *remember* whether we liked someone or not. :D

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

That said, I still miss the red/green boxes. Much more indicative and stood out much better than the new textual display. [Edit: Better granularity too.]

Torben

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back