Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tip 31c and music

Status
Not open for further replies.

simencio

Hi. I'm new here. Recently i tried to do the circuit with the transistor tip31c. The problem is that is not working. Here is a image:

p.s. sorry for my bad english:happy:

Attachments

• IMG_20131231_123035.jpg
    IMG_20131231_123035.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 278
Can you post the circuit design (aka schematic)? It is a little hard to figure out from the breadboard.

There may be some shorts:
upload_2013-12-31_6-44-56.png

As a hint, use solid wire (for example, 22 AWG or left-over leads cut from components ) or tin the ends of stranded wire to avoid such potential problems.

John

hi sum,
Your circuit will not work.
Two points, you must have a current limiting resistor in series withe LED's
The TIP31 is not switching ON, it needs bias resistors.
E

hi sum,
E
hi sum,
E

Thank you for repling, but i didn't understand so well. I have to put a resistor in the middle pin of the transistor? How many ohms?

s

The horrible circuit is An Instructable that was designed by a kid who is only 10 years old (he says so but he might be younger) who knows NOTHING about electronics.
Its base-emitter shorts the output of the music source and has avalanche breakdown if the signal source is from a speaker output of an amplifier.
Its output burns out the LEDs if the resistor is not calculated correctly. The Instructable did not have the resistor. It should be 220 ohms or 270 ohms since the old green LEDs are about 2.2V each and there is a 9V battery.

The LEDs must have the cathode wire towards the collector of the transistor.

Another resistor must be added between the music source and the base of the transistor with its value calculated with Ohm's Law.

A diode must be added between the base and emitter of the transistor with its cathode at the emitter.

An amplifier must drive this circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back