Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tiny, Simple Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spadez

Hi,

There are loads of DIY circuits on the internet. I was wondering if someone could recommend one for me, which is as simple as they come, easy to put on a PCB, and well documented.

The sound quality doesn't have to be amazing. It only have to be powerful enough to turn a line level audio signal into a signal to drive a 5cm speaker.

Any advice or input would be much appreciated,

James

Use LM386 monoblock amplifier as search terms for Google.
You will find plenty of websites that have full schematics parts lists and wiring informtion for simple perfboard setups. They're great little single channel amps. Want stereo? Build two ;) Build four and you can bridge them. Don't be cheap on power supply and power supply filtering that'll probably have the greatest influence on quality.

Last edited:
I would use a TDA2822M.
It has the same 8-pins case as an LM386 amp but provides 1.1W at clipping into an 8 ohms speaker with a 6V supply (4 AA or AAA cells).
The LM386 provides only 0.45W into an 8 ohms speaker at clipping with a 9V supply. The 9V battery will not last long.

The LM386 needs a huge output capacitor but the TDA2822M is bridged so doesn't use an output capacitor.

Tiny 2.25" speakers sound awful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back