Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tiny camera, what are the leads for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

things

Hi all, i have a small camera i ripped out of something a little while ago, and it has 3 leads coming off t, they are red, black and yellow. I am guessing that the red and black are for power, but what would the yellow on be for? I know its the video output, but how do you plug it in? If pics will help, i can get some. Thanks

things said:
Hi all, i have a small camera i ripped out of something a little while ago, and it has 3 leads coming off t, they are red, black and yellow. I am guessing that the red and black are for power, but what would the yellow on be for? I know its the video output, but how do you plug it in? If pics will help, i can get some. Thanks

The black would be a common for both the power (red) and video (yellow). You need to wire a male phono plug for the video using yellow for the center pin and the black to the shield connection. Your power would of course connect to the red and black. Might have to guess at the voltage required but many are in the 9-12VDC range.

Lefty

Thanks Lefty! I hooked it up, and it works well, even off 6V. Now all i have to do is remove the IR filter, stick it in a wirelss transmitter, and ill have a night vision wireless robot!:D

Oh sorry dknguyen, didn't see your reply, yes it is abit like that one. Thanks for the quick replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back