Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing Light Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcomer

I would like to make a high voltage trigger to use with a Penske timing light that normally uses a trigger coming from the auto's #1 spark plug (probably 4KV or higher), This trigger is applied directly to the shield of a large xenon U-tube. I would like to make the trigger adjustable from about 10 Hz. to 20 Hz. I am not an electrical engineer, therefor, I do not know how to specify the requirements of the parts I should buy, and a simple schmetic for this project. I am assuming that the Penske light (P/N 244.2115), which I believe Inductively charges the U-tube, is capable of being run at 20 Hz. (about 2400 engine rpm).

I would appreciate any help I can get for this project--Thank you.

**broken link removed** has something that looks like it might work. There may be simpler circuits out there that use a 555 timer.

Thanks Ron,

It looks like you sent me just what I was looking for. I'm going to price up the parts and for making this project. I dont have a osscilocope for testing this, but I may try to get a low cost one. If this project comes out OK, I want to see how it works for tracking rotor blades on RC helicopters. I may have a question or two later on.

Newcomer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back