Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing functions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3wis

Hi all, im just past the starting stages of my project. Which is to take a pulse count for a certain period of time, and then according to the amount of pulses turn on the approprait output of the pic. So far i've been using crocodile clips for work with the flow chart. I have a fairly good programming knowledge, with Java and i know that along with many other languages, it has a timer function. The problem is my knowledge with pics is very small. On croc clips i can't get an accurate count of pulses. Can this be done with a PIC if so which ones? And any ruff idea on how to do this would be great thanks!

All PICs should have a timer. I'm not a PIC expert (I use 8051s)but one of the pins should be able to be used as an input to the counter. The counter will count all the rising or falling edges on the input pin. You will need to look at the data sheet for your PIC to find out how to set up the timer.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back