Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing Diagram Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigiTan

I'm starting up a new set of ucontroller projects and I need to draw timing diagrams. I searched and found a couple programs, but all the results are either 30-day trials, or programs with way too many other features in it (ex: Full-blown IDEs that happen to include diagramming).

Basically, I'm just looking for a prog where I can quickly draw 3-state diagrams like you'd find in any datasheet. Any recommendations? This is for XP.

Last edited:
I have never used it, but it looks free.
**broken link removed**

This one looks kinda cheezy from the screenshot.
SourceForge.net: TimingEditor

Last edited:
Okay, I have the TimeGen 3.0 trial. It pretty much delivers what it promises: you can draw high-low levels, tri-state, invalid states, and time breaks; and it draws repetitive clock signal automatically. After that you can export the image as either .bmp, .emf, or straight to the clipboard. The trial is limited to showing 5 or fewer signals at once, and any drawing with more than 2 signals has a watermark printed over it. The only major snag is it created some kind of recursive error on my first try here and crashed.

Sorry about the crash, like I said, never tried out the software. The link I gave you was for TG 2.4 not 3, and claims to be free on the web site.

Well, I mean as far as doing basics it works just fine and I haven't seen another crash since my first run. Compared to hand-drawing or buying a full-blown simulator, this is really the kind of thing I'm looking for.

So out of curiosity, I downloaded the tool and it was ver 3.0 And it is a demo version. Pretty misleading on the web site. Sorry bout that. Maybe the one on sourceforge will suffice. Again, never tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back