Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing Diagram and waveform viewer available for PIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder, do we have a tool to display timing diagram for our PIC simulation,
just like what we have when doing VHDL simulation. Tools like Aldec VHDL, Synopsys VCS and ModelSim provides timing diagram for the simulation result.

It would be handy for us to calculate the timing delay.

janetsmith2000@yahoo.com said:
Which button or command gives us timing diagram?

I couldn't find any.

I don't think it gives a timing 'diagram', but it certainly gives timings - I can't tell you where though, as I don't use simulators.

i tried Wiz-C Professional before. It has device simulations as well as you can see the waveform generated of all the pins or the pins you just want to see.

if find these simulator very useful specially when developing I2C routines as well as SPI microwire protocol interface.

I am doing Async transmission protocol with smart card.

I hate async transmission. I have to calculate every single delay to ensure it follows the timing. That reason I need a simulator that can output timing diagram is that i can visualize and spot the problem quickly.

I need to hold the calculator all the time now and, if one calculation is wrong, I would have to re-calculate the delays all over again.

Yes, the wiz-c provides a waveform viewer.
http://www.fored.co.uk/html/wavepicture.htm

I thinking if i can get free tool from from some other places, like MPLAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back