Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtS

I've been racking my brains on this one. I've looked at many timing calculators but they all seem to work in shorter intervals then what I need.

I need the values for the caps and resistors for a circuit using a 555 timer. I need a half second pulse every 25 seconds.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this.

Begin with a fairly large capacitor, like maybe 100uF. RC is about 1/2 second with 100uF and about 5k ohms. RC is about 25 seconds with 100uF and 250k ohms.

Check the 555 data sheet for the exact formulas.

make squire wave of 1/2 sec. divide it by 50 using 4060 as audioguru told, every reset will give you 25 sec delay and you can get 1/2 sec by another out put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back