Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timers for counting Telephone rings...!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goug

Hello, I am new to PIC, and actually working with a 16F877A for my final project;

I built a circuit that detects telephone rings and sends 5V input to RA0 of PORTA each time the telephone rings. The PIC will set RB0 of PortB when the telephone rings 5 times let say.

Counting rings is not the problem. But what if someone calls 2 rings and after 10 min another person calls 3 rings... it will be detected as 5 successive rings; I don't want that to happen, so got the idea to set a timer that waits 30 seconds then send an interrupt to PIC.

How to declare and set a timer that waits 30 seconds then send an interrupt to PIC?

Is there any other idea about how to count rings knowing that the cadence 5V/0V to pic's input is the same as telephone ringing tone 1.18s/4.52s?

I tried to use Timer2, but didn't understand the pre/post-scaler issue :(

Can anyone help? THanks a lot :">

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back