Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

timer1 for 12f675 'int' question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMW

Hello, im trying to make a delay with timer 1 from 0 to 10ms using the .
on-board 1mhz instruction clock with a 1:1 prescaller,

the timer1 has two 8-bit registers -tmr1L and tmr1h,
if i need to increment my delay, so i make a variable:
unsigned shot int delay=0xFFFF;

so now im my code i can happily add and subtract values from my delay, but how can i turn this int into two 8 bit 'chars' so i can then write them to the timer values.

thanks for any help, i dont fancy using two 8 bit values to hold my delay as that complicates adding and subtracting values - but i may have too.

nevermind, it may not be the correct way of doing things but:
TNR1L=delay;
and
TMR1H=delay>>8;

seems to work...

nevermind, it may not be the correct way of doing things but:
TNR1L=delay;
and
TMR1H=delay>>8;

seems to work...

hi,
Its important to remember the time delay [ if you are using tmr1 to generate an interrupt]
that the intr occurs when the tmr1H and tmr1L roll over. [ffff > 0000]

So you have to load the tmr1 regs with the difference between ffff> 0000.
Your tmr1H and tmr1L have to be reloaded when the intr occurs.

I dont program in 'C', but isnt there a xxx.HB and xxx.LB or a similar command.?

Do you follow OK.

Last edited:
You should get a copy of the "PICmicro™ Mid-Range MCU Family Reference Manual"
You will find alot of information in there also some ASM samples which can be converted to C with some knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back