Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timer Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisato45

Hi. I'm trying to create a timer circuit using a 555 timer a 2 digit display and an 18 pin driver. Ultimately i want the display to start at 0 when i turn it on, and count up by 1 every second, until i turn it off. I've been having trouble with this for a while. I know that what i should be doing is similar to the "Reaction timer game circuit" on this website, but i'm not sure how to get it to do what i want. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michelle

Please post a schematic of what you have now.

For starters, Pin 7 of the 555 should be hooked to the junction between the 100K and the 20K; not to +5V. If you have powered it, you likely destroyed the 555.
The RST pin on IC2 should not be left floating; likely needs to be tied to ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back