Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timer for led's

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbwfw

I want to make one of those old school coin op machines that you look into the machine and see the picture. I have a few ideas like one saying see the scariest thing ever and then you look in the light comes on and you see a mirror or a peep show type one that does not show anything risque or using one of those old 3d viewer toys too. So this will hopefully be multiple projects with the same thing.

I was thinking to use an adjustable timer circuit and add some leds to it to get the leds to go off exposing the pictures, or mirror or whatever. I also thought I would use a micrsowtich to turn it on.

I have attached the schematic I would actually not have it use battery but plug it to the wall instead I can fix that part myself. So if anyone could check my schematic and see if they know how and where I would add in some clear leds to it to go off for a certain time that would be great. It even has a couple of leds already on it so maybe I could switch with some clear ones instead of the red and green they say and wire it around to be all together.

Ultimatley I want:

1. Some led to light up for a preset time.

This is probably pretty simple there may already be a schematic like I want out there so if anyone knows of such a schematic let me know that would work too.

Here is parts list as well
Parts Required

* resistors: 470, 33k, 100k
* variable resistor: 1M
* capacitors: 0.1µF, 220µF 16V radial
* LEDs: red, green
* bleeper 9-12V
* 555 timer IC
* 8-pin DIL socket for IC
* on/off switch (probablly goign to go with a microswitch)
* battery clip for 9V PP3 (replacing that)
* stripboard 10 rows × 22 holes
Thanks

Attachments

• timer2.gif
    timer2.gif
    18 KB · Views: 161
  • timerc.gif
    timerc.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 159
Do you need the "bleeper"?

How many LEDs do you need? and/or how big is the box?

You will probly need a transistor to drive the LEDs if you need more than ten.

I dont think I need the bleeper I dont even know what it is for though. I just found variable timer circuit and figured add some leds to it and it could keep the leds on for a certain time. I think you could take out the bleeper. I will not need to many leds certainly less then 10. As for exactly how many and the box size I was going to play with it a bit. I would guess though 3 clear led would do maybe as many 5 but might get away with 1-2 depending what machine I make. Using an older 3d viewer would require one for each eye at least but just to see something else would not take many. Like I said I might be able to use the LEDs already part of the diagram. I assume they are more for showing that the thing is running thing anything else and I do not really need to have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back