Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timer Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb3zge

Hello,

I need to build a circuit to open a relay for about 4 seconds at the top of every hour. This needs to trigger an event. I will be feeding dtmf tones to the trigger while the relay is open. Somehow I need this to go at exactly every hour. Someone please help,

Jim

One of these and a decoder or use it to trigger a 4 second one-shot.

Last edited:
If you need an exact delay you can use controllers or something. if the timing is not that much of an issue , can use general purpose timers like 4060 or ne 555(and some circuitry) for the delay. please be elaborate in the problem so everyone can help you out.

My clock on the wall chimes every hour. Use the chime to trigger the 4 second timer and DTMF circuit.
Maybe a micro-switch on the birds door. :D

I don't think a 555 is stable for an hour. To get that one hour delay, use a PIC.

Lol, before reading BeerBelly's post, i said to myself, get a cheap cellphone, set alarm to go off every hour, and use the output from the speaker as signal to trigger your relay. But, such a task, I only mentioned it coz my thought was similar to his post :)

I don't think a 555 is stable for an hour....

That is why we both suggested the 4060. With a crystal, it would be as stable as any watch/clock. We suggested using the 555 only to get the 4 sec period...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back