Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

timer circuit for a clock mechanism

Status
Not open for further replies.

warlc

i'm working on a design for a chiming clock mechanism (electronic) to work
a mechanical music mechanism. i'm using a hall effect switch to sense
the clock chime and actuate a 555 timer which will time out (after clock chime)and actuate the music movement (i created a mechanical "one shot mechanism using a small motor as rotary solenoid) the he switch will be "on" until the magnet moves off the cam (minute hand in the clock) and at the hour postion it will snap back and actuate he sw again. i need about 1 second on time to "pulse" the motor on the music movement to play the tune and a manual push button override. I was thinking about using a n channel power mosfet to power a relay(for the 1 sec delay). the motor will have a rather large current because of the "locked rotor" current or else i would eliminate the relay. i'm using 4 c cells (6v) to power the whole thing. I have attached a schematic. test circuit built (not using he switch) but timer does not work (led goes on at power up) any ideas?

Attachments

• 555TIMER3.JPG
    555TIMER3.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back