Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timer circuit for 12v car fan (to body solenoid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjstevie

Hi ppl
Had a search around here and can't exactly find what i am looking for. it is for a rig i us to wheel with in the mountains. if somebody can assist me in a reasonably simple circuit (if possible) to do the following:
i need a circuit that firstly has off, permanent.over-ride on, on-off.

it must have three switches for the above, maybe touch switches (not on off).
the circuit must have around on for 3min and off for 3min.

it would actually work nicely if it could automatically go into repeat mode once the rigs ignition is turned on so that it will cycle from the get go.

i have a circuit right now where the fan runs through a radiator switch which switches it on only when it reaches a certain temperature.

the "permanent on" would actually work nicely if it would incorporate the existing circuit as above to switch the circuit on once the radiators switch reaches temp and then once cooled down to return to the cycled on-off.

the above would work nice but if not then a three switch circuit would do the job so i can just manually switch between cycle and permanent.

this circuit has be able to have an output that can be connected to a heavy duty body solenoid as the fan actually draws a lot of amps.

if possible there mst not be a programming involved as i have only the basic tools and not clued up or equipment to programme.

thx alot so far
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back