Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timed reversing relay help

Status
Not open for further replies.

strpdbas

I am building a prototype bi-directional, rail mounted, HID light mover. I am using a Hurst(mfg.) synchronous 10rpm, reversible, geared motor. The motor is rated @ 115vac 7.5w, and has 4 leads. I want the relay to have a variable “on” interval to run the trolley/motor assy. along a track. I estimate the max on time interval of 4-10 minutes. At the end of the “on” interval I would like to have a 5 or 10 sec., variable or fixed, off dwell time before reversing the motor operation and repeating the cycle in the opposite direction. The cycle would run (repeating forward then reverse, then forward, etc.) The device will be plugged into a mechanical appliance timer for 12-16 hours/day. Economy is a consideration as I am looking to mfg. these for retail sale.

Attachments

• wiring_pa.gif
    wiring_pa.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 140
If you are looking for economy, learn 2 microcontroller. If you are looking for easy, plug "time delay relay" into the search bar on Mouser or Digikey or another electronics site. Problem is, the relays are fifty bucks and up, and you are going to need at least 2 of them, probably 3.

For less than a buck (and barely more than a dozen lines of code) even the crappiest little microcontroller could handle that task with ease. Add a couple of cheap triacs, a regulator, and the PC board - even a modest production run probably won't break $5 per unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back