Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Time spending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikky

Hi all,
I just switch over the job and for the past 1 month i have not done anything. My whole day in the new office goes by checking the mails, deleting of them, reading here and there but nothing creatively.

This doesn't fit me since for the last 3 yrs i was running my head in the assigned projects. So needed some idea how the spend the time for the time till i am not put on for some project.

Perhaps, review past projects performed by the person in your position. Or, if this is a new position/company, then review past company projects. Talk to your supervisor about tools used by the company...IT...accounting...project management software...communications...where coworkers eat lunch...everything you can. :)

Ken

This is a good opportunity to learn something that will help you in the future. Down time can be used to your great advantage. If I knew more about what you do in your projects, I might have some suggestions. One thing you might ask yourself:

What programming languages do you know/not know?
What operating systems do you know/not know?
What computer tools do to know/not know ( perl, tcl, databases, graphics, etc )

Last edited:
Depends severely on what are all the activities allowed in your office :)

Do some challenging things as I do when feels lazy because nothing to do productively at that time. I'll go to some online 'puzzles' sites( lots interesting out there) to see if I can solve some of'em. Most need basic mathematics and some thinking mentality that'll make you warmed up and get refreshed on the way heading up onto the next project. Also that'll give you a bit break on what you've been doing continuously in the past.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back