Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Time-lapse animation project

Status
Not open for further replies.

mart_earle

Hello all,

I am an art student from London. I am considering creating a time lapse still-life. This would involve a camera taking one shot every twenty minutes for 1 month while it slowly tracks from left to right. The following looped sequnce would be necessary:

19 minutes, 50 seconds:
UV lights (to encourage growth of plants) ON
Lighting (seperate lights to light the scene artistically) OFF
Tracking Motor ON for one second (moving the camera 1mm)

0 minutes 10 seconds:
UV lights OFF
Lighting (seperate lights to light the scene artistically) ON
Tracking Motor OFF
Camera ON for 1 frame

All the devices would be plugged into a mains supply. Do you have what kind of circuit/components I would need create this sequence? Any advice if greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Martin

There's a company named 'Harbortronics' that sells a device called the 'Digisnap'. It interfaces with many popular digital cameras, and will do these things that you require. It has external I/O lines that allow the control of studio lighting (via a relay or other such circuitry), and will take care of taking the timed pictures, as well. I have one of their digisnaps, and it works wonderfully.

https://www.harbortronics.com/

Thanks for the advice, it's most useful. There are a variety of models availale on the site, could you tell me which one offere the features you mentioned?
Thank you again!

The digisnap 2100 should fit the bill. Make sure that it works with your camera before purchasing though.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back