Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tim Hunkin's new "Secret Life" series

Status
Not open for further replies.

upand_at_them

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing!

Very interesting, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

The one thing spoilt it for me, was when he started talking about the "resistance" of the LED, and then started playing about with a nice sophisticated bench PSU and clunky old 100 watt variable resistor in order to find the series resistance to use with his big LED.

JimB

Yeah, unfortunately he's not an engineer. He's a tinkerer/artist.
And many engineers are having a great careers making arduinos, raspberry pi’s, various daughter boards, and components to enable tinkerers and artists to turn their dreams into art, devices or a better understanding of how things work

Yeah, unfortunately he's not an engineer. He's a tinkerer/artist.
Yes, I had sussed that out very early on in the video.

And many engineers are having a great careers making arduinos, raspberry pi’s, various daughter boards, and components to enable tinkerers and artists to turn their dreams into art, devices or a better understanding of how things work
That is good.

JimB

Brilliant! Thanks for letting us know about this. Secret life of machines was an excellent series.
It sounds like he needs his sidekick back again - who was an engineer. I forget his name... Rex possibly?

EDIT
Apologies. Having checked, I see that Rex Garrod passed away last year. A great shame - I particularly used to enjoy his contributions to Secret Life...

Brilliant! Thanks for letting us know about this. Secret life of machines was an excellent series.
It sounds like he needs his sidekick back again - who was an engineer. I forget his name... Rex possibly?

EDIT
Apologies. Having checked, I see that Rex Garrod passed away last year. A great shame - I particularly used to enjoy his contributions to Secret Life...

He was a great guy, one of the stars of Robot Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back