Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tim hunkin "the secret life of machines"

Status
Not open for further replies.

j m

Unbelievable brilliant tv series. Really can’t recommend it highly enough.
Why cant tv be like this now!!!!
**broken link removed**
The one about the electric light is very good!
james

I used to watch those back in the early 90's when a local PBS affiliate broadcast them. Check out that wandering cat on the Washing Machine episode. He's in a field talking about washing machines and this white cat comes sneaking into the scene, almost right behind him! LOL

An excellent TV programme, whatever happened to it?

I don’t know, and what really disappointing is I don’t think any thing like this will be seen on TV nowadays. I think it’s a really a shame that tv has become to much attention grabbing and not enough content, especially in since/technology.

Ahh out to lunch just gave me the link to this thread....can't believe others remember it! Absolutely brilliant, I got it on video still, at that 'newspaper-like' leaflet you could send off for...I swear Tim Hunkin (is that him?) had something to do with my interests, mind you, think I was only 9 or 10 at the time.

Blueteeth

There was another UK show that aired on PBS channels that I can't remember the name of. It's host was a middle-aged, plump gent, with gray receding hair. The show was primarily to expose truth and facts behind myths, historical events, and inventions. He added in his funny wit to keep people entertained. He was considerably funnier than Tim Hunkin. In fact his comedy lines could place him on par with Benny Hill, minus Hill's Angels!;) Anyone remember the name of this show?

Hmm, could it have been 'fortean TV'? Hosted by Father Lionel Fanthorpe? It was more about the paranormal, ghosts, ufo's etc.. I can't remember much of it, except it was a bit tongue-in-cheek rather than a serious discussion about 'odd' events.

Blueteeth

No, that's not it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back