Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tilt sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMl

Most Helpful Member
Hi,

I'm looking for an single or two-axis tilt sensor that will produce voltage(s) proportional to deviation from gravitational vertical. Size, operating voltage not important. Should have reasonable accuracy ±10 degrees. It will never tilt more than that (unless it tips over :) )

Accelerometer IC.

Forget about the sinusoidal relationship of gravity with incliniation...below 20 degrees deviation from zero, the sine function is linear, so is the cosine function except centered around 90 degrees.

Last edited:
Electrolytic tilt sensors...**broken link removed**

Ken

Those electrolytic sensors would be a more straightforward solution, but last time I checked, Spectron quoted me at $260 for a single module (that's a dual-axis sensor mounted on a PCB module with all the temperature compensation and excitation and signal conditioning). They are much larger and more delicate than an accelerometer, but more tolerant to continuous accelerations and very very accurate from -90 to 90 degrees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back