Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tilt Sensor Design Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiiuk

Hi All,

I’m just going over the theory about using an accelerometer + microcontroller as a tilt sensor.

I understand how to do it, however, I am planning on making the tilt sensor for a robot so it will be moving about and I am concerned that this movement will affect the tilt readings.

How do I get around this problem? Is it actually going to be a problem?

I thought about having a second accelerometer mounted on some sort of self levelling device so that I could use the measurements from this as an offset to the one measuring tilt?
Or could I use a third axis (z) to do something similar?

Thanks.

well which accelerometer are you using? There are a number of 'em, ranging from good to bad.

thanks for your reply.

I was thinking about using the "ADXL345" from Spark Fun. I chose this one mainly because of its I2C interface.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back