Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thyristor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

svanurmg

Hello.

I have this assignment in school with an Thyristor TIC 116. I have to measure the Thyristor with my DC power supply that I build...( it is just regular DC power supply)..

hope some one can help me. :roll:

Svanur.
svanurmg@mi.is

You are new to this forum. :)

Let me tell you that no one shall help you do your assignment here. It is an ideological stand that everyone unanimously takes---"What are you going to learn if people hlp you do your assignment?"

Ask specific points from your assignment that you have touble with rather than put the whole HW problem here.

You say you have to "measure the Thyristor"...I have never heard of measuring thyristors.... :)

hello

HELLO

I´m not trying to let you do my homework....I was just wondering if someone had done something like that!!!!....but there always some self-opinionated dimwits who answer question like this with stupid answer like use Gooogle....HELLO....and I´m from Iceland so we have to learn all standards...
(I´m not trying to be pesky :wink: )
Thyristor has Anode and Cadode and Base its in the SMPS in a T´v...

Bæ bæ

lord loh. said:
Does location matter? :? I am from India....
Though we follow British systems...
We use both thyristors as well as SCRs.

Location does matter since the frequency of the mains will be different.
As you have pointed out you are from India and use SCR as well as Thyristor for terminology

So without a location specified and in him calling it a Thyristor he is either in Britain or in India or in.....
BUT definitly not in the US

Svannur,

Ignoring all the stuff about locations, SCR/thyristor etc.

The problem is that your question does not really make sense. You say that you have to "measure the thyristor". That is a rather non-specific statement.
Do you have to measure, some particular parameter of the thyristor, or what?
Please give us a bit more information.

JimB

Re: hello

svanurmg said:
I´m not trying to let you do my homework....I was just wondering if someone had done something like that!!!!....but there always some self-opinionated dimwits who answer question like this with stupid answer like use Gooogle....HELLO....and I´m from Iceland so we have to learn all standards...
(I´m not trying to be pesky :wink: )
Thyristor has Anode and Cadode and Base its in the SMPS in a T´v...

As already suggested, it's important to enter your location, as most people do - now we know you're from Iceland (and presumably English isn't your first language?) we can treat you a little more kindly with regard to your language skills. So please edit your details, and enter your location (just the country is enough).

However, as regards your question, I don't really understand what you are asking? - it may be due to the language differences?.

So are you wanting to test the thyristor?, if so a LOT depends on it's actual use in the circuit - if it's a crowbar device, then simple static test should be enough. If it's actually a working component in the supply, then static tests aren't really enough - they can only prove is faulty, and not prove that it's good (if that makes sense?).

here is how to use a scr.

Attachments

• scr_812.jpg
    scr_812.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 729
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back