Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thyristor pick a heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

all4here

i use this circuit which is shown in figer.when we start the circuit the thyristor is heat up too much within 5 mint.

i use a 200 watt bulb as a load. which is approximately 0.7 A load.

but the thyristor have the ability of 15 A load.

Attachments

• circuit.jpg
    circuit.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 310
Do you have the Triac mounted on a heatsink?

Not sure if it has anything to do with your problem but the MOC3041 needs greater than 15ma for the led. So 2.6 volts - 1.5 volts max forward drop leaves 1.1volts or maybe 56 ohms for Rin.

Not sure if it has anything to do with your problem but the MOC3041 needs greater than 15ma for the led. So 2.6 volts - 1.5 volts max forward drop leaves 1.1volts or maybe 56 ohms for Rin.

i have change the resister and plz check the pic.

sir the problem is still there and therystor is hot too much

Attachments

• circuit.jpg
    circuit.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 242
Is your part in the Q6015L5 TO-220 package? How big is the heatsink?

Thyistors have about two diode voltage drop so with 0.7 amps current you should have slightly more then 1 watt of heat to dissipate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back