Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thunderbird Cattle Prodder - DIY fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

tytower

Banned
These things lay around for months unused and then you pick them up and they don't work.

I found one of the small battery contacts blackened and coroded where I had reversed two of the four 1.5 volt batteries. Tried to clean it but it fell off.

Rather than chuck it I had a look to find it came apart easily and the contact that had coroded was a link from one battery to the next so I cut a strip of brass (or alloy or copper)and epoxied it in the place it would be expected to contact. Cleaned everything up and tried it on my arm

Last time I will do that

tytower said:
Cleaned everything up and tried it on my arm

Last time I will do that

Stupid is as stupid does - Forrest Gump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back