Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Throttle control project for Kinarfi

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinarfi

First, thanks for the help on my steering controller, got it working beautifully!!
Now, I have a buggy that I need some assistance on the throttle control for when things get rough because of my disabilities. I took my Audiovox ccs100 apart and it has 3 air valves, 1 lets air out to the vacuum of the manifold to pull the diaphragm in and pull on the throttle cable, the other two let air in to relieve the vacuum on the diaphragm.
At present, the safeties in the system drop the vacuum if the RPMs vary too much, which defeats what I bought it for.
SO; what I want to do is control the valves to maintain a near constant RPM.
I could use a Pot to set the desired speed and I would like to have a PID (proportional, integral, derivative) control.
I will use the RPM signal for the tach as the input. My thoughts are to establish a voltage relative to the RPM to get an input voltage and use PWM to control the valves to let air out or in according to RPM.

Does any one have in suggestions on how to set this up?
Thanks
Kinarfi

Last edited:
Here is the wave forms I have to work with at ~ 1800 RPM. I need to convert this to a DC voltage.
How about a pointer in which way to go. Please
Kinarfi

Attachments

• 7v78.13hz36.72v39.06hz.PNG
    7v78.13hz36.72v39.06hz.PNG
    35.2 KB · Views: 164
Have you thought about getting an electric cruise control module from a junk yard? I have one from a 95 Chevy Monte carlo that I parted out. It has a small servo motor to operate the throttle cable and all of the drive electronics. It also has a microcontroller for its brains (looks like an 8051). So it probably has the PID already built in.

It may have the same rpm protection though. It may not, it would just about put the throttle to the floor when going up hill.

I already have the CSS100 and it looks like an LM2917 is just the ticket to convert my square wave from the ECM to a voltage, then can use the circuit that I created for my steering assist project to create my PWM to the air valves. The spec sheet has a diagram with proportional control and the diaphragm works slowly enough that I may not need anything else.

How about some suggestions folks, I need to be able to reference off of the square wave, maybe an RC circuit. Please

Last edited:
deleted moving to chat, sooner or later

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back