Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

three point starter of dc motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

samina

hi
I have not seen the three point starter of a dc motor.I have learned about it. I am not understanding one thing about it.
1. Does the handle is manually operated or automatically can connected to studs

thanks

Hi.

Is this the starter you mean?

Off topic:
Recommend I you learn english language way proper and Google translate not use because read is wery hard post to understand :p

Hi,

I had a large motor once that had the centrifugal start mechanism stuck. It was stuck in 'start' mode all the time so the motor would never come up to full speed. What worked was to disconnect the start mechanism switch and replace it with a push button switch. The button became the "push to start" switch. To start the motor you would push the button and hold it in for about 3 seconds, then once the motor started turning you would release the switch and it would come up to full speed. So that's one way to do it. A little more trouble to start but not much as it was a motor used with a human operated device anyway not an automatic device so it didnt have to start by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back