Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Three phase inverter trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

khansaab

Following is the circuit of single phase of a three phase inverter.

I know I have been around with this circuit (with minor changes) before, but I couldn't help coming here back again with this as I couldn't get it to work. And this time, problem is very weird.

This inverter is working at its best when the DC bus voltage is 12V, output is on DC motors and output frequency is in the range of 0.1-0.5Hz.

But when DC bus voltage = 100 V, a weird thing starts to occur.

Plugging in IGBT's of first phase, every thing stays normal. Plugging in IGBt's of second phase DC bus voltage (being checked directly on the DC bus voltage input connectors) drops to about -500V and varies between -300 to -500V
Plugging in IGBT's of third phase the voltage stabilizes to -300V.

Obviously I cant connect load in this situation. During testings, I have even fried 2 gate drivers and a 4 IGBT's. I need to submit this project early next week. Please, I am in a dire need of help. How to fix this??

Attachments

• 1P of 3P Inverter.JPG
    1P of 3P Inverter.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 304
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back