Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Three phase inverter from PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

callkalpa

Hi,

I am developing a three phase inverter using PWM signals from a PIC (18F452). The PWM signal will be used to fire the IGBTs. For the three phase inverter I need three PWM signals each with a phase shift of 120 degrees to fire the three sets of IGBTs. It is possible to get one PWM signal with the PIC.

Is there a way by which (by programming the PIC or using some additional electronic devices) I can use a single PWM signal and get three PWM signals each with a 120 degree phase shift? Or do I have to use a PIC with three CCP modules?

Thanks in advance

120 phase shift at what frequency?

I don't see any way of getting the three PWMs from one CCP module. You could, of course, bit-bang three port pins in software to get the respective PWM outputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back