Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Three-phase driver questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm looking to use the **broken link removed** in a three-phase inverter. Some questions about it usage
  1. Is this IC suitable to drive mosfets in parallel assuming they have their own gate resistors? Would there be any issues using its adaptive dead-time?

2. Some circuits I see for 3-phase bridges have a gate-source resistor around 20k on the low side mosfets to prevent accidental turn on of them if the bridge supply is connected before the driver supply. I haven't seen this for circuits using the MIC4607 so is it unnecessary or would it still be a good idea?

3. In the **broken link removed**, several resistors are 0 ohm, e.g R18, R20, R19. I assume these are to be substituted as they are not jumpers. What would be a reasonable range of values for these?

4. More of a general question: I want to supply the MIC4607 from an external 12v boost regulator connected to the board, should a ferrite bead be added to the board on this line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back