Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Threads opening twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
I have my mouse setup so that using the middle mouse button opens a link (thread) in a new tab without leaving the current tab, as of today it's opening two tabs of the same thread most of the time, but not always. This isn't occurring on any other site. What's even stranger, is that the tabs seem to somehow be linked, if I close one of them the duplicate tab closes as well.

I'm using the current stable release of Google Chrome.

Very weird. I have not seen this before.

I use Chrome also and can use the middle button to load links in new tabs but I didn't have to set anything up. What did you change when configuring the middle button? I wonder if the fact that you have an application actioning the middle button as well as Chrome's default action be creating your problem?

Regards,
EM

I haven't touched anything with the mouse buttons as far as mouse setup goes. But I've noticed it in my router setup that I was editing recently (after my previous post) as well, I can't currently figure out what in the system as a whole has changed.

It probably is a native app or setting, I'm on my own, sorry to report it as a bug, please lock and or delete this thread as irrelevant.

It's not currently occurring. I think it has something to do with Chrome's incognito mode which I use for some Internet banking. Something about a previously 'pinned' tab being sticky. It's a Chrome bug, if I can repeat it reliably in the future I'll report it.

No 3v0, the tabs are relatively linked, closing one but not the other closes both, it's an inherited aspect, but probably not from the link itself but form as I said previously an internal disambiguation with open tabs. I think it's related to incognito mode and how it 'pins' current tabs if it goes into incognito mode. Typical silent operation fault.

Last edited:
Is no one else experiencing this using Chrome? I'm curious now, as I just finished re-installing a fresh copy of Vista on my machine for organization issues and was shocked to find that it's still occurring, there is definitely a pattern though I can't see it as it seems to be coming from certain threads not every single one, and once I pop a thread up it won't happen in that thread again.

ElectroMaster, do you frequent the subscription section? That seems to be where it's occurring.

Last edited:
This is kinda funny, but in a sad way. It's not the website, my browser, or even the computer, it's the mouse =\ I'm having the worst luck with mice lately, this is the third one this year that went wonky on me. My wireless one developed a requirement of 5 pounds of force to activate the mouse click, and the 60 dollar gaming mouse exhibits ghostly creeping issues randomly while not even being touched.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back