Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This Site Was Down Earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hi,

I guess this site was down a bit earlier (actually last night). Im not sure how long it was down for but was wondering what happened.

It was down for hours and hours. Whatever it was, must've been serious.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. They didn't say it was going to start with lots of rain, though.

It was down from shortly after this chap ^^^^ sent me a private message about PCBs until at least when I went to bed (9 hours later).

I tried logging in first thing in the morning, but it was down. I left for work at about 2 and it was still down, and I couldn't log back on until I got back from work around 11 pm. I think that was the longest down-time I've seen since I've been here :eek:

I'm glad to see it's back up, anyway. I'm eager to hear what happened.

Hi,

Yes nice to see it is back up and yes it would be nice to find out what happened.

[MODNOTE]Deleted Off Topic[/MODNOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
It was me, I broked it when I was out, apocalyptic werewolfing! Sorry!

So my theory on a moderator scrubbing the site to the point it fell right off the web is worthy of being deleted for being 'off topic' but the guy with the 'I broke it while out werewolfing' theory is okay? :confused:

Last edited:
he he :)

So my theory on a moderator scrubbing the site to the point it fell right off the web is worthy of being deleted for being 'off topic' but the guy with the 'I broke it while out werewolfing' theory is okay? :confused:

To be honest, I think your comment was deleted because it was a stab directed at another member. The 'werewolfing' comment was not.

Last edited:
To be honest, I think your comment was deleted because it was a stab directed at another member. The 'werewolfing' comment was not.

It was a highly generalized comment meant in good humor and I never once specified any single moderator so how I see it is its sort of like I yelled 'hey stupid. Look at me while I am talking.' In a crowd and the one person who responded to it got upset because they were gullible enough, or worse, to take it that I was refereing to them personaly. :eek:

Hey if someone responds to such generalized public comments and take offence to it that its implying them is it really my fault that they feel their the one that fit the description? :(

Or as far as I know someone could be hacking a moderators accesss privileges and using it to impart their personal interpretations of the rules on people too. :eek:

Last edited:
(at risk of being inflammatory, and I really don't mean to be) Without knowing exactly what your original comment was, we are all on highly dangerous ground here since we can only speculate about what you might or might not have said. Perhaps the mods should re-post it so we can decide for ourselves (of course, they may have been infiltrated by werewolves, in which case all is lost. Bye bye world...)

hi,
Electromaster will let us know the technical reason why that ETO was down for a few hours.

So there is no point in speculating.:rolleyes:

E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back