Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This should be easy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

lollygag

Hello All..
Can anyone guide me.. help me to find.. help me build.. maybe build for me.. send it free of charge.. and maybe even throw a couple bucks in the package so I can..

Seriously.. I need some kind of circut/timer that when actuated by a momentary short/close like the push of a button stays on/closed for a certain duration.. like 1-2 seconds.

I have a intervalometer that triggers my camera every $.. its just a momentary close that triggers my shutter.. i need somthing that will take that signal and output a longer adjustable close/short time. does this make any sense ?

isnt it some kind of micro timer/relay I can make ? or as I said before maybe one of you guys could build for me and your wife or girlfriend could deliver to my door along with dinner...

Sorry for the jokes.. I thought if I could get a laugh.. I'd get an answer.. thanks for looking !

Yes, it can be done using the 555 timer and is fairly straightforward.

It depends on how the camera interfaces with the switch. The easiest option is just to use a relay but it's not always the most efficient.

like a normal mechanical cable release It simply closes as long as i hold it. where to get plans for my specific need of this circut..? or is it prebuilt that I can buy it ?

again I just need it to when triggered/closed on the input gives a closed output for 1 to 3 seconds.. preferably adjustable. but even if a more simple circut.. I could build a few with different length outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back