Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This could be really big news.. Blacklight Power claims new energy source

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first bit of sceptisism is that this claim in the first article. "Blacklight is now saying that it has physical proof of its energy generator, verified by an independent university lab."
The supposed university that verified this is not supported with a link to the independent university.
To me, that is a red flag to the validity of the claim.

But we have to keep searching for the right answers to help mankind.

Last edited:
Not to continue being a skeptic, but that report you cited does not show up on any of my University journal search engines, I tried EBSCOHOST and Proquest but Nada. I question that it is valid since it is not written like normal journal papers, as it cites no sources. Further the link is provided by Blacklight Inc, rather than Rowan Uni. Don't take this as critisism, but rather I am a skeptic :)

Be that as it may, don't allow my skeptic behavior to influence you. I am curious as to what others might have to say.

Last edited:
I would say the video proves something... that the study actually happened..

And other scientists have verified his results in the past, too. It seems to me that he is revealing more about the process the closer he gets to actually marketing this process. It seems he has been holding back until he fully understood what he was dealing with and all it's implications.

I think the chances of there being something there are vanishingly small. I guess a 47 year career in Engineering may have something to do with my opinion.

I think the chances of there being something there are vanishingly small. I guess a 47 year career in Engineering may have something to do with my opinion.

Dang PapaBravo, you so old, I bet when you watched Jurassic Park it brought back memories :p j/k :)

There are people with just as much experience who believe he is really on to something too. :D MIT PHD's in fact.
And it is my position, that it is time for them to stand and deliver if they can.

It takes time.. think how long it took between Einstein declaring E=mc2 to a working nuclear power plant. Mills' problem is that the blacklight combustion is a lot less obvious than a nuclear detonation.

Someone borught up an interesting point in a discussion about this. They said that when the Wright brothers first showed the flying machine they made no one really cared. It took years before the military figured out the implications of their flying machine and they were the only ones that cared at the time. Blacklight Power has been going through the same thing. They have made their information public for a long time. But people have just ignored it largely.

I don't think Mills really cared though because he wanted to commercialize it before someone else did anyway.

That's exactly what this college has independently verified -- that what they say is going on in the box is actually happening -- a working device.

As for that Bessler example. There are 2 things with that:

1. Our scientific method has advanced a lot since then. I doubt these people that have tested Mills' process could be fooled repeatedly.

2. Bessler's device might have actually worked. Who knows?

Last edited:
What you are saying is that if someone told you the world was spherical rather than flat, the burden of proof lied with the enlightened.. we don't have to believe him for him to be right. Maybe we could be inventing things too if we had the understanding of the universe that Mills has.

Last edited:
It takes time.. think how long it took between Einstein declaring E=mc2 to a working nuclear power plant. Mills' problem is that the blacklight combustion is a lot less obvious than a nuclear detonation.

Someone borught up an interesting point in a discussion about this. They said that when the Wright brothers first showed the flying machine they made no one really cared. It took years before the military figured out the implications of their flying machine and they were the only ones that cared at the time. Blacklight Power has been going through the same thing. They have made their information public for a long time. But people have just ignored it largely.

I don't think Mills really cared though because he wanted to commercialize it before someone else did anyway.

Einstein only had a theory on paper, math seemed to work out, but radiation is a killer, once the reaction started, there was no guarantee it could be stopped, controlled, or even safe. Not to mention the amount of energy that could be potentially released. Some believed that once the chain reaction started, all things would be consumed, not just the intended radioactive fuel. Can't really compare this to a Nickel compound/mixture.

Man, the thing that kills me about besslers wheel is that no one took that sucker apart and looked inside. If I were in charge back then I'd have broken it down, bolt for bolt, to determine what the hell was running it. Think about it, we could possibly be driving cars right now that don't need gasoline, and saving ourselves billions of dollars... Oh well though.

As for the Hydrino theory, I have read about this elsewhere, where they have mathematically proven its existence. I've never seen an experiment like this, but to be honest, what are the actual values of the energy produced? Is it worth doing? I mean we can do nuclear fusion just fine, but the cost, time, energy, work, effort, etc... all far outweigh the gain by doing so. It's better to just split the little buggers and be done with it.

**EDIT**
The guy destroyed them, that's why they didn't examine them. Not a bad idea if you don't want your ideas stolen.

Last edited:
They say it produces 100 times the amount of energy of burning hydrogen.

OR, 200 times the amount of power it takes to break water down into hydrogen.

I tis a complex process.. and you need to prepare the fuel to make the reaction work. This is why we likely won't see a home version of the power plant in the immediate future. BUT I do believe they will have a great space heater for your home available in the near future.

They say that with the processing involved with some large distributed power plant the cost would be $ .02 per Kilowatt hour. And the average cost of power now is like $ .09.

AND they say they will be able to put on site power plants at gas stations which would allow us to use hydrogen powered cars(which already exist).. but I am unsure of the fuel costs relative to gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back