Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

this circuit wants to be an oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

linearfunc

**broken link removed**

hello all,

electronics noob here looking for guidance. :)

so for the circuit above, i want to remove the input source. i want to add a secondary to the inductor, thereby making a tranformer. i want to make sure the bias point stays where it is. the end goal is to create a feedback loop that will make this circuit oscillate.

i dont need any analytical advice (yet). i can work with rough estimates for now. i just want to understand how to make a feedback loop that would turn this thing into an oscillator.

my first notion would be to turn that inductor into a transformer, and loop the output voltage through the inductor right back into the input. however, this would violate the requirement of maintaining the same bias point since the gate would be at dc ground...

any ideas or clues? does this make sense? any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Think a little harder. What rule says the other end of your transformer secondary has to be connected to ground?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back