Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

third method of SSB generation (weaver's method)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samcheetah

can someone explain me the third method of SSB AM signal generation which is also known as the Weaver's method.

i understand the other two methods which are the filter method and the phasing method. the main drawback of the filter method is that it has a filter which should have an ideal behaviour. and the drawback of the phasing method is that a 100% phase shifting circuit is not realizable in real life circuits.

but the third method uses both filters and phase shifter circuits. so it should have the disadvantages of both the other two methods. am i right????

Sam - you might find what you need in the ARRL Handbook or similar amateur radio publications. Check the ARRL website - may be an article or two on SSB.

okay thanx stevez. actually i have the ARRL handbook for Radio Amatuers 2001. but this method is not explained in it. i have found a couple of sites that do explain it a little bit. but i was just wondering if someone on electro tech knows about it so i can discuss with him.

samcheetah, I am also facing the same problem as u faced before, if u get the solution please let me know that. I will remain grateful to u.
samina

Last edited:
i understand the other two methods which are the filter method and the phasing method. the main drawback of the filter method is that it has a filter which should have an ideal behaviour. and the drawback of the phasing method is that a 100% phase shifting circuit is not realizable in real life circuits.

but the third method uses both filters and phase shifter circuits. so it should have the disadvantages of both the other two methods. am i right????
The Weaver does use phase shift and filters but they are generally easier to implement than the other two methods. The phase shift is just required for two constant frequencies, not a range of frequencies such as in the phasing method, and the two filters are simple, they just have to be matched.

This thread is FIVE YEARS OLD!

JimB

True, but the question wasn't completely answered before and someone else requested a further explanation now.

Not exactly, a further explaination was requested eight months ago.

JimB

Picky, picky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back