Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thinking of going back to school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

ok here goes and its in the UK so not sure if anyone outside will be able to help.

I lived in Italy between the ages of 10 and 24 so took most of my schooling there, So I've come back to the UK with a crappy italian diploma in electronics that's not worth the bog roll its written on in Italy let alone here.

if i wanted to study here in the UK (whilst still holding down a job) what is my best bet ? I've found the open university website a maze. Are there employers that will take you on as an apprentice ? the easiest way I learn is on the job.

if i wanted to study here in the UK (whilst still holding down a job) what is my best bet ? I've found the open university website a maze. Are there employers that will take you on as an apprentice ? the easiest way I learn is on the job.

Approach your local Technical Colleges (not Universities), they may have electronics courses you can do on 'day release', perhaps one day and one evening a week. However, many colleges probably no longer run such courses, due to lack of demand - as UK jobs in electronics are few and low paid these days :(

Chances of an apprenticeship are pretty slim, like I said there aren't many jobs out there, and any apprenticeships are likely to go to school leavers.

The Open University is probably your only hope of a Degree, unless you don't have a job and can somehow fund a University course while attending full time.

well I'm in a job but would like to move into the industry I love and gain experience and that blatsed peice of paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back