Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thin film solar panel for RC aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkeyman87

Just an idea I had. Would thin film solar panels have a small enough weight to power ratio for powering an electric RC model? If they were mounted on the top of the main wing the would be hit directly by sunlight on sunny days. They seem to have a pretty good power output and they are only .1cm thick I my memory is correct. Has anyone ever tried this or wanted to?

Monkeyman87 said:
Just an idea I had. Would thin film solar panels have a small enough weight to power ratio for powering an electric RC model? If they were mounted on the top of the main wing the would be hit directly by sunlight on sunny days. They seem to have a pretty good power output and they are only .1cm thick I my memory is correct. Has anyone ever tried this or wanted to?

NASA has, but have you seen the size of the wings!.

Try doing the maths for the amount of power required, and the area of solar panels you would need :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back