Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thevenin & norton equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

t.man

i'm thrown in to confusion........

are these right?

1. if there are only dependent sources, then must use a test voltage or current source in order to calculate R(T) = V(test)/I(test).

2. if there are both independent and dependent sources, then compute R(T) from V(oc)/I(sc).

the reason i'm asking is that i've just seen an example where (after replacing independent voltage source with short, current source with open and left with only dependent source) test source was applied in a solution.

any help in clarifying these?

Please post an example simplified schematic.

Attachments

• problem.JPG
    problem.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,510
Hi,

tman, you are trying to find the equivalent resistance and that is all?

answer at your qustion

friend
for this circuit you want the equevalent so remove all the source and R load after do this clc the RN = 3.3 ohm

when you want clc conect betwen a and b by wire short circuit after that there are tow sources all the sources will product the current in the R2 ohm
bu the souperposition therom consider the 12 v the current number one is 1.2A the current number 2 is 2.4 A
the INORT is 1.2+2.4 = 3.6 a

Thervenin voltage

Please,
I want to know if it is possible to have 0V as the Thervenin voltage when solving a circuit using thervenin theorem. Thanks

Thevenin you mean, and yes it's possible to have 0 volts in a Thevenin eq circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back