Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thermocouples

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrz126

We are testing a couple heatsinks at work, one has type-K thermocouples, and the has type-T.

what are the differences between the 2? I know there are different metals used, but I'm looking for something that would throw off the results

Jeff- Omega (omega.com)has a pretty good website - they might have some good 'white papers' or other technical documents that would be of use to you.

You may find that the way the thermocouple leads are connected to the meter is the problem. the connection and metals used needs to mathch the thermocouple type.

Many meters have specific adapters for terminating thermocouples, so you don't induce an error voltage when the disimilar metals make contact.

Steve, thanks for the site, I'm going to have to take a look at it.

Zevon8, we are using a rather expensive (it looks expensive anyways) datalogger to measure the data. It has screw terminals for the thermocouples, then you specify in the software as to which type you are using. So I figure that this might not be the cause of the error.
Although there are 3 terminals for each channel, maybe the type k uses the bottom and middle, and the type t would use the top and middle.
Thanks for the suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back